Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Topics:

x2

asked: Aug 09 '11 at 06:41 PM

Seen: 1243 times

Last Updated: Aug 09 '11 at 06:41 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to deploy .net reflector silently with no user interaction to several computers. Does anyone have some documentation to which command switches are supported or is deploying this unrealistic.

Thank you
more ▼
asked Aug 09 '11 at 06:41 PM Ant 1 Ant gravatar image
(comments are locked)
10|600 characters needed characters left

Same kind of deal. DotNetDeveloperBundle.exe /IAgreeToTheEula RG_LICENSE=xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxx

If you want to deploy the individual MSIs it's a bit more complicated as you have to extract them from the exe using the extract argument, put all the files on the deployment share, and make transforms to set the IAGREETOTHEEULA and RG_LICENSE properties.

The reason we do not publish this is because it's subject to change (in fact by the time you read this it probably will have changed AGAIN :-) ) and the automatic activation through proxies can sometimes fail with no way of troubleshooting it. Basically if you are deploying through the system account and you have a proxy, you have to make sure the proxy properties are set up for that account in Internet Options and that the proxy accepts the credentials. I don't know how you would possibly do that -- maybe using Group Policy or something.

So I would recommend testing this to death before you make any promises whatsoever to the management!
more ▼

answered Aug 16 '11 at 10:29 AM

Dijboutie gravatar image

Dijboutie
141 3

(comments are locked)

Hi Ant,

Silent deploy is no problem. Just copy the contents of the zip file to your chosen target directory on the users' machine - I would suggest you do this as part of a logon script, since you'll need to activate as that user - then have your script execute the following command to activate Reflector:

reflectorcmd.exe /iagreetotheeula /activate:<<serialnumber>>

Similarly, to deactivate:

reflectorcmd.exe /deactivate

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Bart

more ▼

answered Aug 09 '11 at 08:53 PM

Bart gravatar image

Bart ♦♦
604 3 10

(comments are locked)

Hi Bart,

I should have been a bit more specific i'm looking to install the whole .net developer bundle silently. Normally I would just run the exe with a /silent or /qn (DotNETDeveloperBundle.exe /qn) in a bat script or something like that. Do you know what command switches the bundle supports?
more ▼

answered Aug 15 '11 at 06:32 PM

Ant gravatar image

Ant
1 1 1 1

Bart gravatar image Bart ♦♦ Aug 15 '11 at 07:13 PM
Ah, fair enough. To be honest I'm not sure so I've just asked one of our support engineers to post a definitive answer here.
(comments are locked)
Your answer
osqa.question.ask.tags.preview.show

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 524.3 kB each and 1.0 MB total.